Tips, Resources and News
September 1, 2011
- By now, you have heard of High Definition TV and the term "1080p." This means the video quality is equivalent to that of a 3 Megapixel camera. Megapixel technology is now available in the security market, with cameras as high as 29 Megapixels. If you are looking for high definition video quality with far more options than standard analog video provides, then Lappen Security has a solution for you! Contact us to learn more. (9/30/11)
- In a commercial or industrial facility, it is against fire codes to put a deadbolt lock on a marked exit door. If you have concerns about locking a marked fire exit door, call Lappen Security – we have solutions! (9/23/11)
- Going Green? The Paxton Access Control System has energy saving light switches that require users to use their access control card to activate the lights by placing their access card into a special holder that keeps the lights on. When the user leaves the room and removes the card from the holder, the lights automatically turn off behind them. Contact Lappen for more information on Getting Your Green On! (9/16/11)
- Many people have asked us about adding an audio recording component to their security systems. While the technology does exist to capture audio data, Lappen Security will not install microphones because it is against Federal law to record audio (whether or not it is accompanied by video) in a public place. (9/9/11)
- Computers and Servers crash. When they do, they often lose valuable data. For access control customers, that could mean your entire user database. Given how inexpensive flash drives are, backing up your database onto a flash drive once a month is a quick and cost-effective way to help avoid the nightmare of reprogramming a database. (9/2/11)
Backing up the data for your access control system can save you hours of work and reduce system downtime.
Step inside our Little Chute showroom and you¹ll see that only the finest security products make the cut. From simple security lock to advanced HD surveillance camera, each item is ttested before it reaches our displays. Our team makes sure pieces meet manufacturer specs, work properly and get the highest marks for quality and customization and security technology.