Tips, Resources and News
July 1, 2011
- Intrusion and Fire Alarm systems are normally connected to central station monitoring via landline telephone. However, should storm damage or an intruder cut the lines, the alarm will not be able to communicate with the people watching out for you and your home or business. By adding a cellular backup unit to your alarm panel, you can rest assured that, one way or another, any alarm calls that arise will go out. (7/29/11)
- Locksets at Hardware Supply Stores often are made using exactly the same lock and key – which means that there may be several homes in an area that can be accessed with the same exact house key. (7/22/11)
- In 1903 at the Iroquois Theatre in Chicago, 594 people lost their lives in a devastating fire; they did not have Panic Hardware in those days. In 1908, Carl Prinzler and Henry DuPont invented the first Panic Exit Hardware in response to this tragic Chicago event. To learn about options and see the wide variety of panic, exit and door hardware we have in stock, stop by our showroom! (7/15/11)
- DYI (doing it yourself) can backfire, ultimately resulting in bigger bills and voided warranties. While the security equipment you see protecting your facility might look easy enough to move, by relocating, adjusting or opening the equipment, there is a very good chance you could be voiding the warranty, and any mistakes you might make could be much more expensive than if you had called a technician to move the equipment for you. (7/8/11)
- Not all software is compatible with the new Windows 7. If you are currently using a software program to view your video surveillance system and are looking at upgrading your platform to Windows 7, call us before you upgrade! (7/1/11)
Backing up the data for your access control system can save you hours of work and reduce system downtime.
Step inside our Little Chute showroom and you¹ll see that only the finest security products make the cut. From simple security lock to advanced HD surveillance camera, each item is ttested before it reaches our displays. Our team makes sure pieces meet manufacturer specs, work properly and get the highest marks for quality and customization and security technology.