Tips, Resources and News
December 1, 2010
- If you are currently using magnetic locks in your buildings, fire codes REQUIRE you to have an emergency exit release button near every door for which you are using magnetic locks. (12/31/10)
- Doing wire pulls DURING the initial construction process is much faster than it is after the fact! So, if you are thinking of a construction project for 2011, you can SAVE a good deal of money by planning your security needs BEFORE you begin building. (12/24/10)
- While violent crimes and home burglaries were statistically lower in 2008 and 2009, the area with the largest increase in reported crimes nationally was workplace theft – most commonly employee shoplifting and personal theft (co-worker steeling from another). (12/17/10)
- IT rooms, computer rooms and customer information storage rooms should be among the most secure and protected areas within a company’s building. The Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance Act REQUIRES that if you have detailed customer information -- such as name, address, phone numbers, SSN, credit card numbers or any medical information -- the room that information is stored in MUST be closed and locked at all times. In certain cases, if the information is sensitive enough, this law also requires you to have electronic access control with an audit trail on any entrance into that storage room. (12/10/10)
- Pan Tilt Zoom Cameras (PTZ Cameras) can do the job of several fixed cameras by allowing the user to move the camera to a desired location using a joystick – covering a much larger area than many fixed cameras would be able to. To see a demonstration of these cameras, stop by our showroom anytime Mon-Fri between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (12/3/10)
Backing up the data for your access control system can save you hours of work and reduce system downtime.
Step inside our Little Chute showroom and you¹ll see that only the finest security products make the cut. From simple security lock to advanced HD surveillance camera, each item is ttested before it reaches our displays. Our team makes sure pieces meet manufacturer specs, work properly and get the highest marks for quality and customization and security technology.